NEXT OPEN DAY
"Everything depends on the quality of the experience which is had." John Dewey
A career at Seven Oaks
Being an educator at Seven Oaks is a special, rewarding and life-changing career. It is necessary to be a registered teacher, but this is no regular teaching role.
We are very clear that educators are the single most important factor in a successful education because of the great emotional impact they have on the lives of their students. The quality of the relationships, the atmosphere and the environments they create either enhance or reduce the availability and receptivity of each learner.
The intrinsic qualities that we look for in our educators are:
- A deep desire and commitment to grow into their own holistic potential
- The commitment to genuinely serve the growth and development of children at all levels of their being
- An authentic, self-aware, empathetic authority that is confidently held in challenging situations
- Living a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- Spiritual openness
- Creativity, spontaneity, innovativeness and joyfulness
- The ability to work in partnership with learners, colleagues, parents and the extended community
- Understanding, identifying with, and upholding the values of Seven Oaks
We welcome general enquiries from interested teachers. For further information, please contact our principal, Molly Watson, by email.